Preparation is a big part of the event planning business. However, despite your best efforts, something unexpected will inevitably happen, requiring you to think on your feet. It could be something broken you need to fix, a brochure you forgot to ship or an important item your client left at home. Whatever it happens to be, cut down on your event-day stress by always being ready for anything with your event planner kit.
Here’s a quick list to get you started. This could be a kit you assemble for every event, or a box you keep in your trunk at all times. Do whatever makes the most sense for your situation.
- Pins (straight, safety, bobby, etc)
- Exacto knife
- Two way radio
- Timeline / schedule for the day
- Floor plans
- Seating charts
- Guest lists
- Promotional materials for your business (Brochures, sell sheets, catalogues, brochures, etc)
- Extra clothes
- Emergency box (fake wedding rings, bandaids, umbrella, antacids, aspirins)
- Tool kit
- iPod full of music
- Flash drive with backup of all presentations
- Bottled water
- Protein bar
What’s in your event planner kit?